Position: Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Operations Manager plans, directs, coordinates, and oversees the operations of an organization. The operations manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Responsible for the production, procurement, and planning of daily operations.
- Responsible for achieving, sustaining, and continuously improving personnel safety, food safety, quality, line effectiveness, equipment optimization, personnel development, and financial results.
- Develops, implements, and monitors annual goals and objectives for the production/packing operations that support the strategic and financial objectives of the company.
- Successfully manage operational systems, processes, production, schedules, and policies in support of organization’s mission.
- Participate in developing metrics with department managers/supervisors to measure performance, control assets and related costs, and optimize operations equipment and associated maintenance efforts.
- Manage policy development and deployment in the areas of lean operating techniques, cost reduction, safety, grower satisfaction, employee relations, and production / pack performance measures.
- Seeks and utilizes new technology and processes to maximize efficiencies & fruit utilization.
- Fosters a safe and healthy work environment and provides a high level of safety awareness through continual communication, education and enforcement of safe work practices.
- Active engagement/management and ownership of human capital planning – recruiting, hiring, developing and mentoring subordinates and supervisory team.
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis.
- Work schedule as assigned by management.
- Budget management in coordination with management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Industrial Manufacturing or related field, or equivalent managerial experience in a packing house or manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5-10 years of related experience and/or training in a high-volume production environment; fruit knowledge or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A high level of mechanical aptitude and technical competence is ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to develop cross-functional relationships, manage projects through their full life cycle (idea to implementation), and break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Excellent management skills including supervision, leadership, communication and planning necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet constant deadlines with strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and committed to delivering superior results.
- Ability to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected.
- Operational knowledge of food safety standards, regulations and compliance–Cal OSHA/OSHA.
- Excellent customer service focus and results oriented.