Position: Machine Operator
SUMMARY: Responsible for troubleshooting, cleaning, repairing, and completing operation of fruit packaging equipment in designated area. Machine Operator will be responsible to train and coach others in proper troubleshooting, cleaning, repair, and complete operation of the equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Responsible for proper setup and safe operation of the equipment.
- Perform all necessary start-up/shutdown procedures, cleaning, and troubleshooting to assure accuracy of equipment operation.
- Maintains daily operator logbook to document observations, downtime, machine adjustments, etc.
- Monitors product quality and identify when adjustments are necessary.
- Ability to perform material and product changeovers in time allotted.
- Maintains all electronics and hardware in clean and good operating conditions.
- Continuously monitor all relevant performance metrics and be able to adjust as needed to correct deviations and reduce/avoid downtime.
- Uses computer programs to reflect inventory and print variety of labels.
- Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, People, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Sustainability.
- Engagement in identifying safety and food safety hazards (for example, GMP audits, weekly Critical Behavior Observations, sanitation checks, etc.)
- Execute our company and mission goals but not losing sight of employee and food safety.
- Work closely with reliability maintenance team to identify machine and software issues or root causes and propose solutions.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety and complies with Cal/OSHA standards, to include wearing all PPE.
- Works assigned shift to include up to 6 days per week, and work assigned shift as needed to meet production needs.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of food safety, food quality standards, and regulations and laws.
- Keep work environment clean, positive, and free of harassment.
- Demonstrate reliable/consistent attendance and punctuality and a positive attitude.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.