Position: Forklift Operator
SUMMARY: Responsible for operating powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks or storage facilities. The Forklift Operator is also responsible for utilizing the lift equipment to stack products in preparation for shipping demands to meet company needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
- Loads and unloads citrus to/from trucks.
- Moves goods packed on pallets or in crates around the facility.
- Stacks goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions.
- Pick, wrap, and stage orders to be shipped.
- Checks that loads are secure.
- Stacks empty pallets.
- Performs daily equipment checks such as recharging battery and lubricating equipment.
- Removes machine attachments and waste material from machines when necessary.
- Completes paperwork and operates inventory management systems as needed.
- Works in a safe manner and proactively identifies safety hazards in the workplace, to include maintaining a safe speed.
- Dispose of debris and maintain work area clean and safe.
- Communicates and reports incidents to supervisor.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety and complies with Cal/OSHA standards, to include wearing all PPE.
- Work assigned shift to include up to 6 days per week, 12-14 hours per day.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of food safety, food quality standards, and regulations and laws.
- Keep work environment clean, positive and free of harassment.
- Demonstrate reliable/consistent attendance and punctuality and a positive attitude.
- Work well with others to ensure production runs effectively at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.