Position: Automation Controls Technician
SUMMARY: Under general supervision engages in automation activities in conjunction with maintenance to increase plant productivity and capacity. Assists in Maintenance Work preparations to improve work efficiencies and increase plant performance. Perform work with a constant awareness of improving processes. Develops reports, and other tracking tools from control systems. Supports all policies, goals and objectives of the company, follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and safety procedures while performing job duties. Adheres to all procedures and practices associated with Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Experience working with automation machines, devices, and software
- Program PLC’s, HMI’s, & Barcode scanners to make changes and improvements.
- Proficient with RSLogix 5000, Productivity Suite, C-More, Ignition, FactoryTalk, and MS Office Suite.
- Ensures operation of machinery and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on control systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting device malfunctions.
- Utilize latest software’s and programming techniques to continuously improve plant efficiency and innovation.
- Maintains machine LAN network and troubleshoots device connectivity
- Ability to troubleshoot all variety of sensors including Photocells, Ultrasonic level, Temp/Humidity/PH probes, capacitive, and mechanical limit switches.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Provides automation information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares system reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensures completed work for quality, timeliness, and standards as necessary.
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety and complies with Cal/OSHA standards, to include wearing all PPE, Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Work assigned shift, including being on call for emergency repairs if needed
- Support the implementation and monitoring of food safety, food quality standards, and regulations and laws
- Keep work environment clean, positive and free of harassment
- Demonstrate reliable/consistent attendance and punctuality and a positive attitude.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.