Position: Reliability Supervisor
SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing plant mechanical and/or electrical equipment, physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds, and/or mobile equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Understands, uses, and champions the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) per established procedures.
- Defines and implements preventive maintenance programs for assigned equipment.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Supports annual budget requirements for responsible area and manages expenses against budget through each crop year.
- Oversees work backlog and scheduling process for assigned area and coordinates work with staff, production schedule, and business conditions.
- Inspects completed work for quality, timeliness, and standards as necessary.
- Coordinates production schedules and schedules staff times accordingly.
- Interprets company policies to staff and enforces safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work staff.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Suggests, implements and supports initiatives to motivate staff and improve engagement.
- Confers with leads, supervisors, and managers to coordinate and collaborate activities with other departments.
- Performs activities of staff and supervises as necessary.
- Develops preventive and predictive maintenance routes and plans.
- Works alongside of the engineering department in scope and delivery of capital projects.
- Coordinates vendor support and training as needed
- Participates in hiring and onboarding processes of new employees
- Contributes to the development of the site’s autonomous maintenance movement
- Investigates and follows up on safety risks and works toward proactively sustaining a safe work environment
- Evaluates and develops employee skills to meet business needs
- Contributes to the continuous development of the plant’s work systems, processes and equipment
- Conducts operations in a manner which promotes safety and complies with Cal/OSHA standards, to include wearing all PPE
- Work assigned shift to include up to 6 days per week, 12-14 hours per day
- Support the implementation and monitoring of food safety, food quality standards, and regulations and laws
- Keep work environment clean, positive and free of harassment
- Demonstrate reliable/consistent attendance and punctuality and a positive attitude
- Performs work appraisals of employees
- Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Five years of maintenance/plant management experience. High school diploma or equivalent required.