POSITION: Field Supervisor
SUMMARY: Work involves responsibility for planning, coordinating, and directing harvesting operations to optimize quality and yields in all regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Evaluate crop and estimate harvest time.
- Assess and schedule harvest picks to achieve the most efficient cost of production while meeting the maximum yield and quality goals.
- Build and maintain strong relations with growers, labor contractors, harvest crews, and trucking companies.
- Effectively and promptly communicate harvest picks, picking volumes, and timing of shipments with field manager as needed.
- Coordinate harvest schedules/picks with all growers and maintain accurate harvest/pick records and deliver to management on a timely manner.
- Travel to all regions assigned and assess harvest and schedule picks accordingly.
- Discuss seasonal crop-growing activities with management to determine sequence of operations on a timely manner.
- Communicate and coordinate with contractors to ensure harvest crews are available to harvest fruit.
- Work assigned shift to include up to 6 days per week, 12-14 hours per day.
- Seeks, learns, and utilizes new technology and processes to maximize efficiencies & fruit utilization.
- Valid California driver’s license with good driving record.
- Fosters a safe and healthy work environment and provides a high level of safety awareness through continual safe work practices.
- Keep work environment clean, positive and free of harassment.
- Demonstrate reliable/consistent attendance and punctuality and a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of experience in related field.